Friday, April 13, 2012

Flashback

So looking for inspiration for something to draw, I thought I'd try revisiting some of my previous work.  I did that a while ago with some old pinups (my piratecupid, mad scientistspacegirl) and it worked out well so here's my revisiting, gulp, Lucha Babes.  Yikes!  That was 2004!  8 years ago, 8 YEARS AGO, when I wrote, drew, inked, lettered and published my own comic book.  Every one was doin' it so I wanted to see what the big deal was.  What a crazy kid I was!  Seriously, what was I thinking?  There was SO much work involved.  It really gave me a huge new respect for those artist who go it alone.  Good on ya!

Then.  Hand inked!  By hand!  With real ink!

Now
I still have a soft spot in my gut for my drawings, dated as they are.  It was actually pretty hard to capture what I remember being so easy to draw back then.  And to think I had 8 masked female characters!  I'm please how Desnuda's (I remembered her name!) sketch turned out so I might colour her in sometime when I'm bored.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...