Friday, September 9, 2011

1950s Phone Call


As I was colouring this all I could think of was the speech from the MST3k version of Manos: The Hands of Fate. where Tom goes on and on and on about his 20 year plan.  That cracked me up so hard the first time we watched it years ago and I still think of when someone's on the phone for a long, long time and I'm like "Just shuuuuuuut uuuuuuuuup already".  I didn't really want to transcribe the whole thing myself but unbelievably, searching for "manos, mst, year, plan" resulted in the very first link being a page where someone else already did it!

Here's the photo reference I used:


I made her a lot more psycho looking but that's just how my drawing evolved.  Once again, the photo is from Tackorama.  I think the women are out of my system now and I'd like to sit and try my hand at some of the men's photos.  They're just as wacky as the women's.

3 comments:

  1. I really love that expression. so so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, that's so funny!! I know that the MST3K Manos episode all too well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALWAYS THUGHT THESE YEARS HAD MANY SECRETS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...