Monday, September 26, 2011

A Classical Experiment

This weekend Andrew mentioned how Walter from the show Fringe would put on classical music to help him think.  That sounded interesting so to see how it worked I listened to a classical music radio station all day.  And, daggnabbit, I think it worked!  I've had such a short attention span lately for working in front of the computer that I needed something to keep my bum in the chair.  I managed to work 6.5 hours today without fidgeting or checking Twitter, my email or my usual time-wasting websites.  I'm really impressed with myself!  I now have another trick in my bag to use when I need the bump up my concentration.  I think it has something to do with the fact there are no lyrics to listen to, no words your brain wants to understand whether you care about them or not.  And the music goes on for longer than 3-4 minutes which about the average length of a song.  Pretty neat.

In other news, I'm signed up for the Countdown to Halloween!  So starting October 1st I'm going to try and post as many Halloween related things as I can.  I can't promise I'll post every day but I'm hoping to at least draw everyday and then post a few things at a time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...